Winter 2024 EDJBA Registration
Registrations for Winter 2024 EDJBA season are open, please follow the link https://www.playhq.com/basketball-victoria/register/fadb8f to register on PlayHQ.
Season registration cost is $310.00 including Finals, training and game fees.
Annual Basketball Victoria fee incl Insurance: $29 (valid 12 months) will be added as will annual Basketball Australia game development fee $5.50.
Uniforms can be purchased after teams are selected, see costs below;
Uniforms will be available to purchase from Collingwood College Stadium, 10 McCutcheon Way, Collingwood, 3066 on the first week of the new season, Times and dates to be advised.
Cost of Uniforms are;
Domestic shorts are currently $55
Singlets are $65 ($115 if purchased together)
Team selections will commence from 2nd March, following closing of registrations. Players may not be selected in their preferred team if not registered by 1st March.
Collingwood Basketball reserves the right to select strongest teams in first 4 teams of Boys competition and first 2 Teams in Girls Competition.
New players to Collingwood Basketball in U9 – U13 will be required to attend a player evaluation session from 4th March (Dates TBA). This session will provide a guide only to team selection.
Team requests and composition will be directed to David Elvins and age group convenors.
It is envisaged that Team lists will be published by 28th March, 2024.
The Winter 2024 season dates planned by the EDJBA, subject to COVID regulations are:
Monday, 15 April 2024 School Term 2 – First Day
Saturday, 20 April 2024 Round 1
Saturday, 27 April 2024 Round 2
Saturday, 4 May 2024 Round 3
Saturday, 11 May 2024 Round 4
Saturday, 18 May 2024 Round 5
Saturday, 25 May 2024 Round 6
Saturday, 1 June 2024 Round 7
Saturday, 8 June 2024 NO GAME – King’s Birthday weekend
Monday, 10 June 2024 King’s Birthday holiday
Saturday, 15 June 2024 Round 8
Saturday, 22 June 2024 Round 9
Friday, 28 June 2024 School Term 2 – Last Day
Saturday, 29 June 2024 Round 10
Monday, 15 July 2024 School Term 3 – First Day
Saturday, 20 July 2024 Round 11
Saturday, 27 July 2024 Round 12
Saturday, 3 August 2024 Round 13
Saturday, 10 August 2024 Round 14
Saturday, 17 August 2024 Round 15
Saturday, 24 August 2024 Round 16
Saturday, 31 August 2024 Semi Finals
Saturday, 7 September 2024 Prelim Finals
Saturday, 14 September 2024 Grand Finals
Friday, 20 September 2024 School Term 3 – Last Day
Age groups for the Winter season are:
Ages are defined as of 31/12/2023.
The club’s guidelines regarding the selection of domestic teams, including the policy regarding players playing in their own age group, is available here.
Venues. Collingwood home matches are played at our three-court stadium at Collingwood College and at Fitzroy High School, Princes Hill Secondary College and Alphington Grammar. Training is at these venues plus Wurun College and Thornbury High School. Training may shift to new Fitzroy Sporting Precinct (Gasworks) during the season, planned to become available August 2024. Away games are played at venues from Ivanhoe to Warrandyte.
Registration fees. The Eastern Districts Junior Basketball Association registration fee includes the weekly game fee for the normal part of the season.
Registration fees are $310 for the first player, with a 5% discount for players from the same family.
A separate Basketball Victoria Annual Participant License fee of $29 for 17 years and under and $36 for older players may be added to the final price if not already paid in a previous registration, ie VJBL. This 365-day Basketball Victoria licence (affiliation) covers anyone wanting to participate in a Basketball Victoria sanctioned competition/training, allowing a participant to play as many times as they like within 365-days across any affiliated association in Victoria. Basketball Victoria provides a base level of insurance to all registered participants of affiliated associations and clubs. Insurance is provided by V-Insurance Group.
There will also be a Basketball Australia fee of $5.50 added for game development.
If you have difficulty with this payment, please contact David Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternative arrangements.
Domestic shorts are currently $55 and singlets are $65 ($115 if purchased together), and can be purchased after teams are published.
Registration Process for Winter 2024 Domestic Teams
Registrations will continue via the Basketball Victoria system PlayHQ. For those already familiar with PlayHQ,
During the registration process one parent/guardian will be first required to set up a PlayHQ Profile Account and after successfully doing so will then be able to register their child/ren as a family member/dependent and complete the registration. Please note the following:
- The parent/guardian email address used will form the login for all future registrations for that child. Choose a personal email that is likely to be used long term rather than a work or school email
- Another parent/guardian’s details can be added for each child
- Players over 18 should still be registered by a parent, otherwise parent/guardian details will not be able to be entered and we won’t have contact details for parents
If a PlayHQ Profile Account has already been set up for registration eg Summer 2023-24, rep basketball or a senior domestic competition, then the same PlayHQ Profile Account should be used for this and all other registration using PlayHQ.
Please email David Parker at email@example.com if you have any problems with registering.
Please register by Wednesday 1st March so that we can organise teams in time for trials and release team lists by 28th March.
Payments can be made via Visa or Mastercard. There is a 5% discount for additional registrations from the same family.
Please also consider whether you could make a Tax Deductible donation when registering. Collingwood Basketball has a strong community focus and a commitment to ensuring all young people have an opportunity to play basketball. We provide support to players who may be facing barriers to playing basketball, as well as re-engaging players who are at risk of dropping out of sport.
We have partnered with the Australian Sports Foundation so any donations over $2 will be tax deductible and you will receive a receipt from them.
Registration for Winter 2024 is open! https://www.playhq.com/basketball-victoria/register/fadb8f
Things to note when registering:
- The club considers completion of the registration to be a commitment to playing, so as a courtesy to others, please don’t register players if they are not sure about their ability to commit to playing. Generally we do not provide refunds except in exceptional circumstances. The club’s refund policy is here
- In the section regarding team placement, if a player wants to play with friends, please list UP TO 3 friends by name. If you say “Social/Friendship” – we will interpret that as meaning that the player wants to stay with listed friends. If this is not the case, tell us who they would PREFER to be with
- If a player will be unavailable for part of a season (for example due to camps, family holidays, exchange etc), please ensure that this information is provided in the Playing DATES not available section. This information will be used to try to ensure the team remains viable when that player is away
- If a player is unable to play at certain times of the day (for example due to other sport or activity or work commitments), please ensure that this information, including the reason, is provided in the Playing TIMES NOT available section. Please be specific, eg “not available until 1pm, language school till 12.30pm”. Note that 11.50 is considered a PM game so if a player is unavailable till noon or 12.30 please tell us. This information will be used to try to place the player in a team which can play at appropriate times, however we cannot always guarantee that games will always be fixtured at a suitable time. We are also unlikely to be able to change a team time request if an individual’s availability changes so please provide as much information as possible in the registration.
New players who have played with another EDJBA club must be cleared by their previous club. The player transfer will commence during the registration process. Any issues or questions, please direct them to David Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org at least a week before the first game of the season.
Any adult who works with children at Collingwood Basketball Club must have a current Working With Children Check. This includes Team Coaches and Managers.
Become a Coach or Team Manager
Collingwood Basketball exists through the goodwill of volunteers, especially in Coaching and Managing a Team.
The majority of Team Coaches are parents who provide their valuable time to help us. For first time parents to Basketball or Coaching, we provide resources to help you run a training session and basic game strategy. If you are interested in becoming a coach or a Team Manager, please include this in your child’s registration or make direct contact to David Parker email@example.com.
Know somebody who might be interested in the Saturday junior domestic competition ? Share this on your Facebook feed or via email.