|About the Junior Domestic competition|
|Information about next season|
|The registration process|
Collingwood Basketball Association has girls and boys teams playing in the Eastern Districts Junior Basketball Association (EDJBA). The EDJBA covers an area from Collingwood through to Eltham and Park Orchards. Games are played on Saturdays. Collingwood home matches are played at our three court stadium at Collingwood College, and also at Fitzroy High School, Princes Hill Secondary College and Alphington Grammar.
The Winter season runs during the second and third school terms. Teams comprise players who are under the age of 9, 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19 on the 1st January before the season commences.
The Summer season runs during the fourth and first school terms. Teams comprise players who are under the age 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20 years on 1st July before the season commences.
The following table provides access to EDJBA website information.
|Fixtures, Results & Ladders||EDJBA Venues||EDJBA Season Dates||EDJBA Timing Regulations|
The first six rounds of each season are grading matches. Ladders are compiled after grading is completed and are available after round 7.
For further information about playing junior domestic basketball for Collingwood, please contact the Junior Domestic Program manager.
Collingwood Basketball Association will have girls and boys teams playing in the Eastern District Junior Basketball Association Winter 2020 season. The season begins on Saturday 18th April. Collingwood home matches are played at our new three court stadium at Collingwood College, Fitzroy High School, Princes Hill Secondary College and Alphington Grammar.
Registrations are due by 24th February. Players who do not register by this date may not be placed in a team. A late fee of $50 per player is payable after 24th February if a place is available.
The season dates are:
- 18th April – 22nd August
- No matches 25th April, 6th June, 4th & 11th July
- Finals 29th August – 12th September
Age groups for the Winter season are:
- U9 – players born in 2011 or later
- U11 – players born in 2009 or 2010
- U13 – players born in 2007 or 2008
- U15 – players born in 2005 or 2006
- U17 – players born in 2003 or 2004
- U19 – players born between 1st July 2000 and 31st December 2002
The club’s guidelines regarding the selection of domestic teams, including the policy regarding players playing in their own age group, is available here.
In addition, the club will be endeavouring to have players in the Representative 1 and 2 teams in U12, U14 and some U16 teams play together in the Saturday Winter domestic competition. This is in response to feedback provided on how the Club can best work to improve its overall basketball performance, and is an attempt to provide our players and teams with the opportunity to perform at the highest level possible through playing together more regularly. This approach is used by some other Clubs that run both Domestic and Representative programs. The implementation of this will be utilised alongside our current Guidelines for Selection of Domestic Teams, including each player’s individual preference requests and time availability, as well as balancing player numbers in each team.
Registration fees per family. The Eastern Districts Junior Basketball Association has introduced cashless game days, therefore the registration fee includes the weekly game fee for the normal part of the season (15 weeks). The only additional playing / entry fees will be at finals time.
- Registered and paid by 24th February: 1 player $285, 2 players $555, 3 players $825
- Registered or paid AFTER 24th February (if places available): 1 player $335, 2 players $655, 3 players $975
If you may have difficulty with this payment, please contact Megan Rouse at email@example.com to discuss alternative arrangements.
Domestic shorts are currently $45 and singlets are $55 ($95 if purchased together).
Girls training is usually on Monday nights and boys training is usually on Thursday nights.
Registrations are preferred online and must be received by 24th February to ensure placement in a team. Payments can be made via Visa or Mastercard. See further information below.
When registering for the domestic program, you can also purchase an Early Bird season’s pass to see our four Big V teams (Youth Women, Senior Women, Youth Men and Senior Men) play their home games, commencing 22nd March. The Big V teams return to Collingwood College for their 41 home games and we are looking forward to a very exciting season. More information about this great offer is available here.
Please also consider whether you could make a Tax Deductible donation to our “Stay, Play, Lead & Succeed” project. As you are probably aware, Collingwood Basketball has a strong community focus and a commitment to ensuring all young people have an opportunity to play basketball. The project provides support to players who may be facing barriers to playing basketball, as well as focussing on retaining and re-engaging players who are at risk of dropping out of sport.
We have partnered with the Australian Sports Foundation so any donations over $2 will be tax deductible and you will receive a receipt from them. Thank you for your consideration.
Registration is preferrred online but can also be made via the attached manual registration form and returned to the office at Collingwood College.
Things to note when registering:
- The club considers completion of the registration to be a commitment to playing, so as a courtesy to others, please don’t register players if they are not sure about their ability to commit to playing. Generally we do not provide refunds except in exceptional circumstances. The club’s refund policy is here
- In the section regarding team placement, if a player wants to play with friends, please list UP TO THREE friends by name. If you say “with current team” – we will interpret that as meaning that the player wants to stay with a member of the current team and doesn’t care who. If this is not the case, tell us who they would PREFER to be with
- If a player will be unavailable for part of a season (for example due to camps, family holidays, exchange etc), please ensure that this information is provided in the Playing DATES not available section. This information will be used to try to ensure the team remains viable when that player is away
- If a player is unable to play at certain times of the day (for example due to other sport or activity or work commitments), please ensure that this information, including the reason, is provided in the Playing TIMES not available section. Please be specific, eg “not available until 1pm, language school til 12.30pm”. Note that 11.50 is considered a PM game so if a player is unavailable till noon or 12.30 please tell us. This information will be used to try to place the player in a team which can play at appropriate times, however we cannot always guarantee that games will always be fixtured at a suitable time. We are also unlikely to be able to change a team time request if an individual’s availability changes so please provide as much information as possible in the registration.
Here’s what you need to know about online registration
Please note – registration is now using EMAIL SIGN-ON.
Using Email Sign-on means:
• Parents / guardians log in with their own email address and a user-defined password, rather than a system generated username and password
• All players associated with that email address will be accessible under the one login
When you sign in for the first time (only) using Email Sign-on, you will be required to confirm your email address, and set a password, before commencing your registration. All further registrations with the same email address will only require the entry of the password you have set to access the member account.
Note: The email address attached to a player is the primary or first email address listed for the player.
An email address can have multiple players attached to it. Select the relevant player after you have entered the email address and password.
You can register multiple players and then make a single payment at the end. You should have already selected the number of players you want to register. Complete the details for the first player, and select the $285 payment. Then complete the details for the subsequent players, and select the $270 payment.
Please pay by VISA or MasterCard to complete your registration. The Sporting Pulse processing fee is included in the registration fee.
New players who have played with another EDJBA club must be cleared by their previous club. To organise this please contact Megan Rouse at firstname.lastname@example.org. before the first game of the season (18th April).
Click here to register online for Winter 2020 domestic
|Saturday junior domestic fixtures|
|Saturday venue locations|