Teams for girls and boys from under 12 to under 20, playing in Melbourne and surrounds in serious graded VJBL competition on Friday evenings, for committed and capable players. Selection into a team occurs after selection trials, usually held in October each year. Once selected into a team, consistent training participation and game attendance is required.
|About the VJBL Junior Representative competition|
|Fixtures, results and ladders|
Collingwood Basketball Association has girls and boys teams representing the association in the Victorian Junior Basketball League (VJBL).
The VJBL covers Metropolitan Melbourne and a small number of regional locations. It runs five levels of competition: Victorian Junior Championship League and Victorian Junior Leagues 1- 4. VJL 5 and lower covers North and West Metropolitan Melbourne. It runs various levels of competitions depending on the number of teams.
Games are played on Friday evenings, with commencement times between 6.40 and 9.40pm. Collingwood home games are currently played at Collingwood College, 10 McCutcheon Way, Collingwood.
The season begins in October with practice matches. Grading matches are conducted from November to March, and the season of 18 rounds runs from March to August. Finals are conducted in August – September.
Teams comprise players who are under the age of 12, 14, 16, 18 and 21 years on the 31st December of the year in which the season finishes.
Collingwood currently has 10 girls and 14 boys teams playing in the 2019-20 representative season.
The following table provides access to representative information. The VJBL site contains information relating to VJBL and the regional conferences.
|Fixtures, Results & Ladders||VJBL Venues|
|Current Venue Plan|
|Rules of Operation|
|Timing Rules||VJBL Parent Handbook|
|Stadium Contact List|
For more information about our representative program and the commitment expected, see the documents below. A scoring quick reference guide is also available.
|Rep player commitment|
The registration fee for the 2019/20 rep season is $560, with discounts for players who also play in the Summer domestic competition (players who register for the Winter 2020 Domestic season will receive a discount on their Winter Domestic registration). Fees are due as follows:
Full fees: $560 due by Friday 1 November 2019
Families can elect to pay in two instalments as follows:
- Instalment 1: $280 due by 1 November 2019
- Instalment 2: $280 due by February 2020
- A $15 discount applies for those registered for Summer 2020 Domestic
- A late fee per player will apply ($20 per instalment) for fees paid after the due date if alternate payment arrangement have not been made with the Operations Manager
Players with competitive basketball experience are invited to attend the Collingwood All Stars selection trial sessions for the 2020/21 Representative teams.
Register here to attend – registered players are expected to attend all sessions
Note that attendance at selection trials does not guarantee a place in a team.
- A parent or guardian is expected to attend the first 30 minutes of the first session at on Saturday 6 October for an introduction/info session. After the introduction/info session only the players will be allowed to stay courtside during the Sunday session trials.
- Players should bring either a black and white reversible singlet or a white top and a black top, a named basketball and a named drink bottle
- All players trying out from other associations must provide a signed “Permission to Train” form (PTT). A copy of this form can be found here.
- Players intending to attend the selection trials should register in advance using the link here. This will save time on arrival at the trials
- Players unable to attend selection trial sessions or selection matches who wish to be considered for a representative team must register on line and also notify the Rep Program Convenor via email email@example.com
- All players attending selection trials must bring a copy of their birth certificate
Rep basketball is played on Friday nights at various venues around Melbourne.
Significant ongoing commitment to the program is required.
For further information about the trials contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Players who have been offered a place in a 2020/21 representative team should register and pay online here