Referee Training Course – apply by Tuesday 23 March
Would you like to learn to referee?
This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who would like to make extra money and to improve their understanding of what the world looks like from a referee’s point of view.
Players, non players, adults are all welcome to apply.
Intake will be limited and applicants will be interviewed Saturday 27 March. Successful applicants will be advised by email Tuesday 30 March.
Requirements / Suitability
- The minimum age is 15
- Desire to pursue a career in refereeing
- Ability to get to any of our home venues to referee games
- Availability to referee at most times from 8.30am to 7.20pm games on Saturdays
- Some knowledge of basketball is required
- Preference will be given to players, or parents of players, currently registered with the Collingwood All Stars.
Participants must attend all four sessions at Collingwood Basketball, McCutcheon Way, Collingwood:
- Tuesday 20 April (Classroom session)
- Tuesday 27 April (Classroom session)
- Tuesday 4 May (Classroom session)
- Tuesday 11 May (On Court)
The cost of the course is $180 which includes:
- Course and Content
- your ‘green’ apprentice uniform and whistle
- your ‘black & white’ referee uniform
- VBRA membership, which is required once you obtain a C Grade level.
The course will be run by experienced referee trainer John Turner (from Broadmeadows Referees Association and Referee Supervisor at Collingwood’s Senior Domestic Competition).
Following the course, Collingwood senior referees will provide support and mentoring during EDJBA games at Collingwood home venues.
Please apply by email responding to the Requirements/Suitability criteria by 2.00pm Tuesday 23 March to firstname.lastname@example.org