Junior Domestic – Winter 2022 Teams, Training, Fixtures & More
If your child would like to join the All Stars please email email@example.com and we will place them on the waiting list for a place in a team.
Winter 2022 Domestic Season
New Uniforms are available and can be purchased from Collingwood Saturday mornings 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
Further information about the season and the competition is available here.
Fixtures for Winter Round 2, 3 & 4- 25th June, 16th, 23rd July, 2022
Teams for Winter 2022
Training Venues for Winter 2022
New Uniforms are available and can be purchased from Collingwood Stadium, Saturday mornings from 10.00 am – 1.00 pm
Uniforms on sale:
The cost of the uniform is: Reversible singlet $65, Shorts $55, Reversible singlet and shorts bought at same time $115. Payment by card / EFTPOS is preferred. All Stars merchandise including facemasks, short and long sleeved T-shirts, hoodies and socks will also be on sale.
If your child is a new player and will be using a second hand singlet, please advise the number so we can include it in our records.
If you are unable to organise a uniform prior to your game, please bring a black Tshirt and white Tshirt, or a black and white reversible training top. Please wear basketball shorts (no pockets) preferable black or any colour.
If you have any queries regarding uniforms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The season dates planned by the EDJBA, subject to COVID regulations are:
- Season duration – 26th April – 10th September 2022
- Saturday 30th April, Grading Round 1
- Saturday 11th June Queen’s Birthday weekend – No Games
- Saturday 25th June Last game before School holidays
- Saturday 2nd July No Game, School Holidays
- Saturday 9th July No Game, School Holidays
- Semi Finals 27th August
- Preliminary Finals 3rd September
- Grand Finals 10th September
- School Term Ends 16th September
If you have any issues with Team placement or Venue location, please contact email@example.com
Scoring (new – PlayHQ on iPads)
Winter will continue with scoring on ipads for scoring and a new scoring system. Information about the new system is available here.
- At the beginning of each game, team information needs to be set up. Players expected to play need to be selected. It’s really important that following the completion of the previous game, Team Managers (or an informed parent or the coach) go to the scorebench and ensure the “scoresheet” is set up correctly. Singlet numbers will need to be checked or added for players
- If any player is not listed and you need to add them (eg they are new to the team or they are filling in). You need their name, date of birth, suburb and postcode
We will be using Collingwood College, Wurun College, Fitzroy High, Alphington Grammar (park in school grounds off Lucerne St), and Princes Hill Secondary College.
This is a summary of rules for different age groups:
|Age||Ball Size||Foul Line||3 Points Included||Time in Key||Zone Defence Allowed|
|U8 – U9||5||Advanced 1.8m||No||5 secs||No|
|U10 – U11||5||Advanced 1m||No||5 secs||No|
|U12||6||Advanced 1m||No||3 secs||No|
|U13 – U14|
U15 – U21 Girls
|U15 – U21 Boys||7||Normal||Yes||3 secs||Yes|
No Zone Rule
The EDJBA has adopted Basketball Australia’s “No Zone” policy for U8s to U14s. This means that teams in these age groups are not allowed to play zone defence. “Any defence played inside the three-point line which does not incorporate normal man to man defensive principles shall be considered to be a zone”.
The EDJBA approach is one of communication and education:
- If a team is playing Zone, then feedback should be provided to the EDJBA, please click here: EDJBA Zone Defence Feedback
- NO action should be taken during games
- Do NOT approach the referees, they are not responsible for enforcing this policy
- Do NOT approach the Venue Supervisor, they are not responsible for enforcing policy
- Do NOT approach or speak to the coach playing zone
- There are NO in game penalties
- If there are concerns about the defence played by a particular team during the season, then this should be communicated to the EDJBA here: EDJBA Zone Defence Feedback
- If the team is playing a zone defence, this will be communicated to their Club, who will be required to provide education to the coach on acceptable man to man principles
Detailed information about the policy is available here. If you have queries about how to implement the No Zone policy, please email or call Gani Sakiri, our Head of Coaching, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0417 365 574.
The Mercy Rule is not applicable during grading (the first six rounds of the Winter 2022 season).
Coaches and Team Managers
Thank you to the many people who have volunteered to be coaches or team managers. We still have some gaps for coaches and team managers – if you can help out or suggest people who might be able to help please email email@example.com.
If you know of anyone else who is interested in joining a team, please ask them to email firstname.lastname@example.org. We already have some players on waiting lists to join teams.
If you are managing a team in the Summer: You will be emailed player and coach contact details as soon as possible. You will also receive information about what you need to do in the first couple of weeks of team managing. Most of the information the players in your team need to know will be emailed to them and/or is available here. A Team Manager’s information night will be held early in the season, date to be advised. This will be aimed primarily at new team managers. A team manager’s handbook is also available here