Junior Domestic Winter 2021 Season registration
The Winter 2021 Season is now open for registrations.
|Season Dates||Registration Fees||Registration notes|
|Age Groups||Refund Policy||Team Selection|
Winter 2021 Season Information
Collingwood Basketball Association will have girls and boys teams playing in the Eastern District Junior Basketball Association (EDJBA) Winter 2021 season. Registrations are now open and will close 28th February. Games are played on Saturdays. Girls training is on Monday nights and boys training is usually on Thursday nights.
The season dates planned by the EDJBA, subject to COVID regulations are:
- Season duration – 24th April – 11th September 2021
- Saturday 24th April, Grading Round 1
- Saturday 12th June Queen’s Birthday weekend – No Games
- Saturday 3rd July No Game, School Holidays
- Saturday 10th July No Game, School Holidays
- Semi Finals 28th August
- Preliminary Finals 4th September
- Grand Finals 11th September
Age groups for the Winter season are:
- U09’s- 1st January 2012- 31st December 2014
- U11’s- 1st January 2010- 31st December 2011
- U13’s- 1st January 2008- 31st December 2009
- U15’s- 1st January 2006- 31st December 2007
- U17’s- 1st January 2004- 31st December 2005
- U21’s- 1st January 2000- 31st December 2003
The club’s guidelines regarding the selection of domestic teams, including the policy regarding players playing in their own age group, is available here.
Venues. Collingwood home matches are played at our three court stadium at Collingwood College, Fitzroy High School, Princes Hill Secondary College and Alphington Grammar. Training is at these venues plus Thornbury High School. Away games are played at venues from Ivanhoe to Warrandyte.
Registration fees. The Eastern Districts Junior Basketball Association has introduced cashless game days, therefore the registration fee includes the weekly game fee for the normal part of the season.
Registration fees are $285 for the first player, with a 5% discount for players from the same family. If you rolled over fees from the Winter 2020 season and did not play in Summer 2020-21 season, you will be emailed a Voucher code which can be entered at checkout. If you have not received this voucher, please contact David Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A separate Basketball Victoria Annual Participant Licence fee of $29 for 17 years and under and $35 for older players may be added to the final price if not already paid in a previous registration, ie VJBL. This 365-day Basketball Victoria licence (affiliation) covers anyone wanting to participate in a Basketball Victoria sanctioned competition/training, allowing a participant to play as many times as they like within 365-days across any affiliated association in Victoria. Basketball Victoria provides a base level of insurance to all registered participants of affiliated associations and clubs. Insurance is provided by V-Insurance Group.
If you have difficulty with this payment, please contact David Parker at email@example.com to discuss alternative arrangements.
Domestic shorts are currently $45 and singlets are $55 ($95 if purchased together), and can be purchased after teams are published.
Registration Process for Winter 2021 Domestic Teams
Registrations will continue via the Basketball Victoria system PlayHQ. For those already familiar with PlayHQ, the registration link is here.
During the registration process one parent/guardian will be first required to set up a PlayHQ Profile Account and after successfully doing so will then be able to register their child/ren as a family member/dependent and complete the registration. Please note the following:
- The parent/guardian email address used will form the login for all future registrations for that child. Choose a personal email that is likely to be used long term rather than a work or school email
- Another parent/guardian’s details can be added for each child
- Players over 18 should still be registered by a parent, otherwise parent/guardian details will not be able to be entered and we won’t have contact details for parents
If a PlayHQ Profile Account has already been set up for registration eg Summer 2020-21, rep basketball or a senior domestic competition, then the same PlayHQ Profile Account should be used for this and all other registration using PlayHQ.
Please email David Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems with registering.
Please register by Thursday 25th February so that we can organise teams in time for a 24th April start (subject to COVID regulations). Payments can be made via Visa or Mastercard. If you rolled over fees from the Winter 2020 season, and did not use them for Summer 2020-21 season, you will be emailed a Voucher code which can be entered at checkout. There is a 5% discount for additional registrations from the same family.
Please also consider whether you could make a Tax Deductible donation when registering. Collingwood Basketball has a strong community focus and a commitment to ensuring all young people have an opportunity to play basketball. We provide support to players who may be facing barriers to playing basketball, as well as re-engaging players who are at risk of dropping out of sport.
We have partnered with the Australian Sports Foundation so any donations over $2 will be tax deductible and you will receive a receipt from them.
Things to note when registering:
- The club considers completion of the registration to be a commitment to playing, so as a courtesy to others, please don’t register players if they are not sure about their ability to commit to playing. Generally we do not provide refunds except in exceptional circumstances. The club’s refund policy is here
- In the section regarding team placement, if a player wants to play with friends, please list UP TO THREE friends by name. If you say “with current team” – we will interpret that as meaning that the player wants to stay with a member of the current team and doesn’t care who. If this is not the case, tell us who they would PREFER to be with
- If a player will be unavailable for part of a season (for example due to camps, family holidays, exchange etc), please ensure that this information is provided in the Playing DATES not available section. This information will be used to try to ensure the team remains viable when that player is away
- If a player is unable to play at certain times of the day (for example due to other sport or activity or work commitments), please ensure that this information, including the reason, is provided in the Playing TIMES NOT available section. Please be specific, eg “not available until 1pm, language school till 12.30pm”. Note that 11.50 is considered a PM game so if a player is unavailable till noon or 12.30 please tell us. This information will be used to try to place the player in a team which can play at appropriate times, however we cannot always guarantee that games will always be fixtured at a suitable time. We are also unlikely to be able to change a team time request if an individual’s availability changes so please provide as much information as possible in the registration.
New players who have played with another EDJBA club must be cleared by their previous club. To organise this please contact David Parker at email@example.com at least a week before the first game of the season.
Any adult who works with children at Collingwood Basketball Club must have a current Working With Children Check. This includes Team Coaches and Managers.
Know somebody who might be interested in the Saturday junior domestic competition ? Share this on your Facebook feed or via email.