Junior Domestic Summer 2023-24 Season
Registrations for Summer 2023-24 Season have closed.
To be placed on a wait list, please email email@example.com
Summer 2023-24 Season Information
Collingwood Basketball Association will have girls and boys teams playing in the Eastern District Junior Basketball Association (EDJBA) Summer 2023-24 season.
Games are played on Saturdays. Girls training is usually on Monday nights and boys training is usually on Thursday nights.
Registration is closed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a wait list.
Fixtures – Round 8, 2nd December 2023.
Fixtures – Round 9, 9th December 2023.
Fixtures – Round 10, 16th December 2023.
Please click above link to download and view documents.
Note: For any concerns with team placements and training venues, please send an email to email@example.com
Collingwood College – Courts 1, 2, 3
10 McCutcheon Way, Collingwood.
Wurun College Courts 1 & 2,
111 Queens Pde, Clifton Hill.
Fitzroy High School,
24/30 Falconer St, Fitzroy North.
Princes Hill Secondary College
Arnold St, Princes Hill.
Alphington Grammar School,
18 Old Heidelberg Rd, Alphington
Thornbury High School,
238 Collins St, Thornbury
The season dates planned by the EDJBA for Summer 2023-24, subject to COVID regulations are:
Monday, 2 October 2023 School Term 4 – First Day
Saturday, 7 October 2023 Round 1
Saturday, 14 October 2023 Round 2
Saturday, 21 October 2023 Round 3
Saturday, 28 October 2023 Round 4
Saturday, 4 November 2023 NO GAME – Melbourne Cup weekend
Tuesday, 7 November 2023 Melbourne Cup Day
Saturday, 11 November 2023 Round 5
Saturday, 18 November 2023 Round 6
Saturday, 25 November 2023 Round 7
Saturday, 2 December 2023 Round 8
Saturday, 9 December 2023 Round 9
Saturday, 16 December 2023 Round 10
Wednesday, 20 December 2023 School Term 4 – Last Day
Tuesday, 30 January 2024 School Term 1 – First Day
Saturday, 3 February 2024 Round 11
Saturday, 10 February 2024 Round 12
Saturday, 17 February 2024 Round 13
Saturday, 24 February 2024 Round 14
Saturday, 2 March 2024 Semi Finals
Saturday, 9 March 2024 NO GAME – Labour Day weekend
Monday, 11 March 2024 Labour Day holiday
Saturday, 16 March 2024 Prelim Finals
Saturday, 23 March 2024 Grand Finals
Thursday, 28 March 2024 School Term 1 – Last Day
Friday, 29 March 2024 Good Friday
Age groups for the Summer season are:
01/07/2013 – 30/06/2015
01/07/2011 – 30/06/2013
01/07/2009 – 30/06/2011
01/07/2007 – 30/06/2009
01/07/2005 – 30/06/2007
01/07/2002 – 30/06/2005
The club’s guidelines regarding the selection of domestic teams, including the policy regarding players playing in their own age group, is available here.
Venues. Collingwood home matches are played at our new three court stadium at Collingwood College, Fitzroy High School, Princes Hill Secondary College and Alphington Grammar. Training is at these venues plus Thornbury High School. Away games are played at venues from Ivanhoe to Warrandyte.
Registration fees. The Eastern Districts Junior Basketball Association has introduced cashless game days, therefore the registration fee includes the weekly game fee for the normal part of the season, and this Summer will not include finals fees.
Summer Season 2023-24 registration price is $310 for the first player and 5% discount for players registered at the same time from the same family.
If you have difficulty with this payment, please contact David Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternative arrangements.
Domestic shorts are currently $55 and singlets are $65 ($115 if purchased together), and can be purchased after teams are published.
Registration Process for Summer 2023-24 Domestic Teams
Registrations are via the Basketball Victoria system PlayHQ. For those already familiar with PlayHQ,
During the registration process one parent/guardian will be first required to set up a PlayHQ Profile Account. Upon successful account registration, you will then be able to register your child/ren as a family member/dependent and complete the registration. Please note the following:
- The parent/guardian email address used will form the login for all future registrations for that child. Choose a personal email that is likely to be used long term rather than a work or school email
- Another parent/guardian’s details can be added for each child
- Players over 18 should still be registered by a parent, otherwise parent/guardian details will not be able to be entered and we won’t have contact details for parents
If a PlayHQ Profile Account has already been set up for registration to another basketball competition (eg rep basketball or a senior domestic competition) then the same PlayHQ Profile Account should be used for this and all other registration using PlayHQ.
Please email David Parker at email@example.com if you have any problems with registering.
Please register as soon as possible so that we can organise teams in time for a 8th October start (subject to COVID regulations). We would like to publish teams and training venues by 16th September.
Payments can be made via Visa or Mastercard. There is a 5% discount for additional registrations from the same family.
Please also consider whether you could make a Tax Deductible donation when registering. Collingwood Basketball has a strong community focus and a commitment to ensuring all young people have an opportunity to play basketball. We provide support to players who may be facing barriers to playing basketball, as well as re-engaging players who are at risk of dropping out of sport. Like many, we have also been affected by closures due to COVID-19
We have partnered with the Australian Sports Foundation so any donations over $2 will be tax deductible and you will receive a receipt from them.
Things to note when registering:
- The club considers completion of the registration to be a commitment to playing, so as a courtesy to others, please don’t register players if they are not sure about their ability to commit to playing. Generally we do not provide refunds except in exceptional circumstances. The club’s refund policy is here
- In the section regarding team placement, if a player wants to play with friends, please list UP TO THREE friends by name. If you say “with current team” – we will interpret that as meaning that the player wants to stay with a member of the current team and doesn’t care who. If this is not the case, tell us who they would PREFER to be with
- If a player will be unavailable for part of a season (for example due to camps, family holidays, exchange etc), please ensure that this information is provided in the Playing DATES not available section. This information will be used to try to ensure the team remains viable when that player is away
- If a player is unable to play at certain times of the day (for example due to other sport or activity or work commitments), please ensure that this information, including the reason, is provided in the Playing TIMES not available section. Please be specific, eg “not available until 1pm, language school until 12.30pm”. Note that 11.50 is considered a PM game so if a player is unavailable till noon or 12.30 please tell us. This information will be used to try to place the player in a team which can play at appropriate times, however we cannot always guarantee that games will always be fixtured at a suitable time. We are also unlikely to be able to change a team time request if an individual’s availability changes so please provide as much information as possible in the registration.
By law, all volunteers, including coaches and Team Managers at Collingwood require a current WWC registration and current card. Prior to season starting, if you have nominated to be a Coach or Team Manager and you have not registered for a WWC you will be required to register and nominate Collingwood Basketball as your volunteer organisation. If you have previously registered for WWC, please ensure you provide your WWC card number before season commences and nominated Collingwood Basketball.
New players who have played with another EDJBA club must be cleared by their previous club. To organise this please contact David Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org at least a week before the first game of the season.
Know somebody who might be interested in the Saturday junior domestic competition ? Share this on your Facebook feed or via email.