Junior Domestic Summer 2020-21 Season
The Summer 2020-21 Season has now commenced and no further registrations will be taken.
Registrations for the next season (Winter 2021) are open now – here.
Details below are for Summer Season 2020-21 – information only.
Summer 2020-21 Season Information
Collingwood Basketball Association will have girls and boys teams playing in the Eastern District Junior Basketball Association (EDJBA) Summer 2020-21 season. Registrations have closed. If your child would like to join the All Stars next season please email email@example.com and we will notify you when registrations are open. Games are played on Saturdays. Girls training is on Monday nights and boys training is usually on Thursday nights.
The season dates planned by the EDJBA, subject to COVID regulations are:
- 28th November – 19th December
- 16th January – 13th March (Labour Day weekend may be used for makeup games if really needed)
- Semi Finals 20th March (all teams will play semi finals)
- Grand Finals 27th March (top and reserve finals in all age groups and grades)
Age groups for the Summer season are:
- U8 – players born after 30th June 2012
- U10 – players born between 1st July 2010 and 30th June 2012
- U12 – players born between 1st July 2008 and 30th June 2010
- U14 – players born between 1st July 2006 and 30th June 2008
- U16 – players born between 1st July 2004 and 30th June 2006
- U18 – players born between 1st July 2002 and 30th June 2004
- U20 – players born between 1st July 2000 and 30th June 2002
The club’s guidelines regarding the selection of domestic teams, including the policy regarding players playing in their own age group, is available here.
Venues. Collingwood home matches are played at our new three court stadium at Collingwood College, Fitzroy High School, Princes Hill Secondary College and Alphington Grammar. Training is at these venues plus Thornbury High School. Away games are played at venues from Ivanhoe to Warrandyte.
Registration fees. The Eastern Districts Junior Basketball Association has introduced cashless game days, therefore the registration fee includes the weekly game fee for the normal part of the season, and this Summer will also include finals fees.
Registration fees are $285 for the first player, with a 5% discount for players from the same family. If you rolled over fees from the Winter season, you will be emailed a Voucher code which can be entered at checkout.
If you may have difficulty with this payment, please contact David Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss alternative arrangements.
Domestic shorts are currently $45 and singlets are $55 ($95 if purchased together), and can be purchased after teams are published.
Registration Process for Summer 2020-21 Domestic Teams
Registrations are via the Basketball Victoria NEW system PlayHQ (rather than SportsTG). For those already familiar with PlayHQ, the registration link is here.
During the registration process one parent/guardian will be first required to set up a PlayHQ Profile Account and after successfully doing so will then be able to register their child/ren as a family member/dependent and complete the registration. Please note the following:
- The parent/guardian email address used will form the login for all future registrations for that child. Choose a personal email that is likely to be used long term rather than a work or school email
- Another parent/guardian’s details can be added for each child
- Players over 18 should still be registered by a parent, otherwise parent/guardian details will not be able to be entered and we won’t have contact details for parents
If a PlayHQ Profile Account has already been set up for registration to another basketball competition (eg rep basketball or a senior domestic competition) then the same PlayHQ Profile Account should be used for this and all other registration using PlayHQ. Please email David Parker at email@example.com if you have any problems with registering.
Please register by Thursday 29th October so that we can organise teams in time for a 28th November start (subject to COVID regulations). Payments can be made via Visa or Mastercard. If you rolled over fees from the Winter season, you will be emailed a Voucher code which can be entered at checkout. There is a 5% discount for additional registrations from the same family.
Please also consider whether you could make a Tax Deductible donation when registering. Collingwood Basketball has a strong community focus and a commitment to ensuring all young people have an opportunity to play basketball. We provide support to players who may be facing barriers to playing basketball, as well as re-engaging players who are at risk of dropping out of sport. Like many, we have also been affected by closures due to COVID-19
We have partnered with the Australian Sports Foundation so any donations over $2 will be tax deductible and you will receive a receipt from them.
Things to note when registering:
- The club considers completion of the registration to be a commitment to playing, so as a courtesy to others, please don’t register players if they are not sure about their ability to commit to playing. Generally we do not provide refunds except in exceptional circumstances. The club’s refund policy is here
- In the section regarding team placement, if a player wants to play with friends, please list UP TO THREE friends by name. If you say “with current team” – we will interpret that as meaning that the player wants to stay with a member of the current team and doesn’t care who. If this is not the case, tell us who they would PREFER to be with
- If a player will be unavailable for part of a season (for example due to camps, family holidays, exchange etc), please ensure that this information is provided in the Playing DATES not available section. This information will be used to try to ensure the team remains viable when that player is away
- If a player is unable to play at certain times of the day (for example due to other sport or activity or work commitments), please ensure that this information, including the reason, is provided in the Playing TIMES not available section. Please be specific, eg “not available until 1pm, language school til 12.30pm”. Note that 11.50 is considered a PM game so if a player is unavailable till noon or 12.30 please tell us. This information will be used to try to place the player in a team which can play at appropriate times, however we cannot always guarantee that games will always be fixtured at a suitable time. We are also unlikely to be able to change a team time request if an individual’s availability changes so please provide as much information as possible in the registration.
New players who have played with another EDJBA club must be cleared by their previous club. To organise this please contact David Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org at least a week before the first game of the season.
Know somebody who might be interested in the Saturday junior domestic competition ? Share this on your Facebook feed or via email.